What is the 60 Second Interview?
Just before leaving for Madrid, I decided to take up a challenge: to interview at random and in 60 seconds at least one pilgrim from each of the inhabited continents of the world. I wanted to know what young Catholics made of the Catholic Church and faith and whether our differences would be significant when we come to talk about God.
My findings surprised me: In world Youth Day none of the things which normally would be seen as divisive in the real world made a difference – such as our continent or country of origin, our native language, upbringing or even race, none of these mattered at all! – with God and in the Catholic (universal) Church we were all clearly part of one big body. It was astonishing!
The 60 second interview was a great opportunity to approach people and talk and share about the Church – clearly something these young people, like myself, love and care about. Often the interviews ended up in exchanging contacts and affectionate goodbyes.
The list of questions which was used more or less in all interviews, are listed below:
- What’s your name? How old are you?
- Where are you from? Who have you come with to WYD?
- What is your native language?
- Have you been to a WYD before?
- How involved are you in your church?
- Why have you come to WYD?
- What are you searching for?
- What single value that the church promotes do you like the most?
- What do you think of Madrid so far?
In the following days, I will be releasing them so keep connected and enjoy!